Making an iPhone application is a rewarding career to a number of developers who look to improve and change to usability features of a iPhone device. But before rushing into the process, you are required to first register to become an iPhone developer and get the free iPhone SDK (software development kit). After registration, you have to subscribe to the iPhone developer program one which may cost you some cash. As a registered member, you will have the advantage of getting all the necessary downloads you need in developing your application.
With C-programming language and a good understanding of Apples Cocoa development environment, you will find it an easy process setting up your application. To minimize on your leaning curve, adhere to the following principles; research and find an application close to what you want to make either in appearance or function. Strip it of the Apple stuff and integrate your own codes. You can equally use applications from other iTunes which are a close representation to what your making and use what they did right avoiding all that they did wrong. When faced with challenges, search the web for codes that will definitely handle your problem. Above all else, be innovative in your application device.
The step by step process of making an application should be as follows :
- -Have an overview of the application design with all vital details of you application such as those which will provide you with the final application interface. E.g. graphics and multimedia fundamentals which you will need to add up in your application general outlay.
- -Install SDK. This will provide you with all the needed software codes you need in working on the application. As a matter of fact it contains the development environment that will aid in your documentation among other technical needs. Internet connection is not a must have but might just as well help you get through with the whole process.
- -Create your application project using Xcode which has a number of templates to help you.
- -Building your interface is crucial yet simple process as you will realize while using Xcode. The interface builder utility will enable you have the final outlook features of your application one that will be recognizable to many. This you will do with ease of not writing up any codes.
- -Code it. Minus coding your app, it is useless blob. Interface builder utility will act as the supporting fundamentals in our case, like “skeleton or flesh” part of the application while the “blood line and nervous system” is basically the coding you use. That’s how critical of this part in your apps development process.
- -Build your application. This is done with an iPhone simulator one you easily will access by while in your routine application development steps. It’s automatically generated and launched. Its sole purpose is to evaluate the application but not test It. Teasers come in handy at this stage of application development and you will therefore have to obtain provisioning profile that comes along when you subscribe
- -Testing is a must for your app. An iPhone will be efficient but first you have to sign code your app. To get your application included on the actual device is not easy and may take you some time.
- -Fine tune your application after final testing. Use special Xcode utilities for measuring as well as tuning the app.